Welcome to the Onehunga Toastmastrers information page. Here you can find useful information and our meeting schedules. If you cannot complete your role please advise the meeting Chairman.
Role Information (click for information)
Some documents of general interest to Toastmasters.
- Agenda Template
- The Ice Breaker
- Advanced Manuals
- The Toastmasters Education Program
- Distinguished Club Program
- Quick Presentation
- Ten Tips for Successful Public Speaking
- What Makes a Fantastic Club?
- Ways to Keep Meetings Exciting
- Club Training
When you are in the Hot Seat:
It happens occasionally that people will not be able to attend meetings. Often, they won’t know until it is too late to inform the Chairman, so that a replacement can be found to fill that role. Because of this – and in order to keep our meetings flowing – we need members to fill in for others that don’t show. For whatever reason. The Hot Seat occupant is responsible to fill any role in the meeting INCLUDING a Speaker. When you are in the Hot Seat:
- Prepare a few Table Topics;
- Come with a prepared Speech;
- Be prepared to do an Evaluation;
- Bring a General Evaluation Sheet;
- Have a joke or a theme for a “Warm-up”;
- Prepare a “Word of the Night” and your role as Grammarian.